Resurfacing treatments improve the overall appearance of your skin by removing the outer damaged layer of skin. As a result, irregularities are reduced and new, smoother, more attractive skin can form. Treatments include chemical peels and microdermabrasion.
Skin resurfacing can reduce all of the following skin problems:
- fine lines
- small acne scars
- facial scars
- brown spots (melasma)
- uneven pigmentation
- rough or uneven skin texture
Chemical Resurfacers (30min) $50
Chemical resurfacers work by "ungluing" the top layer of damaged and discolored skin so it can peel away and reveal the fresh new skin beneath. By forcing the turnover of the cells, the old dull and damaged cells peel off much more quickly. All resurfacers can be adjusted to your skin type and condition, making them extremely customizable.
For best results, should be done every 2 weeks, for a total of 6 treatments:
Includes cleansing, prep solution, treatment solution, moisture infusion mask, hydration and sun protection
- Glycolic Acid - Provides all skin types with an even, non-aggressive removal of dead skin cells, revealing softer, smoother, healthier-looking skin. Helps minimize clogged pores, renews texture and improves skin tone and clarity.
- Lactic Acid - Occurs naturally in the skin and is a primary component of the skin’s natural moisturizing mechanism, making it ideal for individuals wishing to avoid over-drying. Produces smoother-looking and more vibrant skin. In the deeper layers, beneath the skin’s surface, new collagen and elastin will be stimulated.
- Mandelic Acid - An effective treatment for all skin types, an excellent alternative to glycolic acid, especially for darker skin tones prone to hyperpigmentation. It lightens darkly pigmented areas like sunspots and melasma, while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. At the same time, it gives skin a smoother texture and more youthful appearance.
- Salicylic Acid - Excellent antibacterial treatment for acne prone skin. Cleans out pores, reduces excess oil and effectively kills acne causing bacteria. Has the ability to penetrate the pores as it is soluble in oil. Great for unclogging pores and improving acne.
Diamond Microdermabrasion (45min) $75
A gentle and safe skin resurfacing treatment using a diamond encrusted tip to gently polish dull and tired skin as well as stimulate cellular turnover for younger, fresher skin. The skin is left smooth, with a healthy, radiant glow. A series of 6 treatments, done every 2 weeks, is recommended for a dramatic reduction in the signs of aging, acne scars, fine lines, sundamaged skin, and pigmentation. Add AHA $22
Vivant Propeel $350
The Propeel is a four-layer safe medium peel that removes the aged, damaged layer of skin resulting in a dramatic improvement in the appearance of fine lines, acne and blotchy pigmentation. The new, regenerated skin is smoother and less damaged than the old skin. The treatment also flushes out the pores and stimulates collagen growth in the deepest layers of the skin. (A complimentary consultation must be done before booking this peel. The cost of your peel includes a post-peel homecare kit. This is essential to ensuring the best possible healing and outcome of the peel)